Hi irisholics!

I'm a newcomer to the list. I garden in Northern Spain, Z9, not far from
the foothills of teh Pyrenees, where I believe there are some wild irises
growing. There are a couple of species growing in my area too.
The only irises I've tried in the garden are bearded cvs. and Dutch bulb
irises. Still to try (in my dreams) are Siberian, Louisiana and Japanese.
Sad to say but there are no named irises avalable commercially in my
country. Everything has to be imported, with all the added cost.
My iris knowledge is very limited, but I hope to learn much from this list.
I bought a book recently 'The Gardeners Guide to Growing Irises', by Geoff
Stebbings: do you think is a good book for a beginner like me?
Our natural soil is rather heavy clay. I try to improve drainage adding
bark and gravel. pH is neutral to slight acid in spite the natural stone is
chalky, but it rains so much that even camellias and rhodies flourish!
The named irises I grow are bearded kinds bought in France (from Cayeux).
I've managed to lose more than a label, but I believe I got still:
'Affluence', 'Betty Simon', 'Conch Call', 'Dover Beach', 'Flair', 'Gold
Galore', 'Hindenburg', 'Joyce Terry', 'Madeira Belle', 'Matinata', 'Navy
Strut', 'Night Owl', 'Sapphire Hills', 'Sultan's Palace', 'Vanity'... and
probably a few more...

Best Wishes,