OT Books

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT Books
  • From: ECPep <ECPep@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 20:42:16 -0700 (MST)

I was asked two times for more of the URL's on garden books.  Of course, there
are all sort of other books as well. ABE booksearch is my favorite but here
are some more. If you follow links in places there are specialty sellers as
well.  When you follow the garden book form to the ordering information you
may notice a seller specializes in garden books and then will answer e-mail
questions. Books change all the time so a look once a month or so is fun.

I have found all of Reginald Arkell's poetry at internet booksellers:

                  When growing an iris,
                  It isn't a crime
                  To fail, if the soil is
                  deficent in lime.

And other light and silly garden stuff plus all of the garden books of
Beverley Nichols (Down the Garden Path).  Both are English authors of the
thirties and great fun to read.  I got Kohlein's iris book there, too.

http://www.bookpages.co.uk
Huge English bookseller.

http://www.bibliocity.com/bib-bin/show/response
Ask for no frames version for search form.

http://bibliofind.com/
Choose search.

http://www.bookwire.com/index.html
Catalogs,not easy to search but many shops on this site, links to all
libraries.

http://www.horizonbook.com/
Garden books, other related interests, book content is described onthis list.

I'll wait a while and post another list.  Marte told me her house was slipping
off the mountain from the weight of books, mine too!

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY
zone 4 - Berkshire area