OT: Welcome

     Welcome to the Iris List.  How many types of Irises do you grow?  I
grew many types when I lived in Kentucky.  Here, (Florida) I am growing
types known to grow here and am doing some experimentation.
     I looked up Sunset Zone 17 in my Sunset National Garden Book.  I see
that your part of Zone 17, while near the Bay, is farther from the main
part of the Pacific Ocean.  This explains why you are warmer in summer and
cooler in winter than San Francisco.
     The part of Kentucky I lived in is in Sunset Zone 35.  That area is
subject to the heat of the deep south and the cold of the north.  That area
is also very cloudy.
     Now, I live in Sunset Zone 26.  (Barely)  A few miles north, Sunset
Zone 28 begins.  One can see some Citrus Trees here, but they are mostly in
sheltered spots.  However, one can also see Dogwood and Redbud trees here
too, but this is near the southern limit.  With the freeze expected
tonight, those last two species will get some of their required chilling.

Mark A. Cook			Low:    48 F  ( 9 C)  Subject to change
billc@atlantic.net		High:   58 F   (14 C)
Dunnellon, FL.			Now:   51 F (One of the few times I hope the clouds stay.)