Society for Louisiana Irises.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Society for Louisiana Irises.
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 17:35:53 -0700 (MST)

     A few weeks ago, I joined the Society for Louisiana Irises.  Today, I
got the Fall 1997 Newsletter, which is very informative.  Included in this
issue is a membership directory.  I scanned through it looking to see if
there are any Florida members.  There about a dozen of us in Florida who
are in this organization.
     I noticed that there are two members (husband and wife) in Yankee
Town, which is only about 25 miles from here.  There is at least one more
in Micanopy (Familiar to those who have heard "Seminole Wind") which is
about 35 to 40 miles away.
     The reason for this post is that I want to ask those of you who are
members of this organization if it is considered OK to contact these people
directly.  I am sure that I could learn a lot from these gardeners.  It
would be a great way to find out which hybrids do best in this part of
Florida, good sources for plants that are to be grown in Florida...

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.  		  Between Yankee Town and Micanopy.