Re: Frivolity/tall TB suggestions

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Frivolity/tall TB suggestions
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 22:52:26 -0700 (MST)

J.F. Hensler wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been trying to come up with a short list of VERY tall =
> TBs.......color isn't really important, nor is form. In fact, I'd prefer =
> something older.
>
> Any suggestions?

One of my favorites, and a fairly recent addition to the historical
list,
is Harbinger, which is a giant version of the POP (plain old purple)
iris
my parents used to grow. It is very early (perhaps why it won no
awards),
nicely scented, and it has hit five feet for me. The form is nothing
to crow about, but it's not horrible for a 34-year-old iris.

Gerry, wondering just how big a cubit is
--
gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles