Re: OT - Ben Hager's book?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT - Ben Hager's book?
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 23:04:58 -0700 (MST)

Sharon McAllister wrote:

> >       Does anyone have this book? =
>
> Yes.
>
> >       Is it THE Ben Hager? It must be since
> >       it deals with irises. The title sounds too familiar, guys. :-)
>
> Yes.  And the text is all you'd expect from Ben.  =
>
> I was rather disappointed in the photographs, but that's
> really a matter of taste.  Too artsy for me.
> I like to be able to recognize the flower.

Definitely a matter of taste.

I asked for (and received) it as a present for the _beautiful_ arty pix,
and liked them as much as I expected; and was very pleasantly surprised
by the quality of the text.

The photos are definitely art, not iris, so take Sharon's warning to
heart.

Gerry
--
gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15