Re: Tall ones, for Christy

	Jeff wrote:

>If you are interested in the really old ones, J. Marion Shull rated his
>introduction, TROPIC SEAS (1924) at 50" and noted that stalks of
>CONQUISTADOR (Mohr, 1923) reached a height of 5 feet (in California).

	This 'tree' iris is almost my height.....glad I live in the tundra
	where the growing season is short where the Siberians are taller than
	the Tall Bearded. Some of our Siberians grow in the 44" range and
	High Standards once grew to 46".

	More snow last night....shovel, shovel....pretty warm, tho' with 32
	balmy degrees (F). Great day for snow-shoeing and downhill skiing.

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /   Zone 3a
Siberian iris robin    /  sibrob@ncia.net