Re: A Christmas Name That Tune

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: A Christmas Name That Tune
  • From: "Robert Pindell" <bobdell@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 19:15:00 -0700 (MST)

21.  and 24

Bob

----------
<iris-l@rt66.com>
> Subject: Re: A Christmas Name That Tune
> Date: Saturday, December 06, 1997 8:26 PM
>
> Walter A. Moores wrote:
> >
> >         Not exactly a riddle as submitted by
Griff,  this might
> > entertain the bored listers on a cold
evening.  Enjoy!  Walter Moores

> >      !          _  _  _  _  _  _` _    _  _ _
 _  |_ . _  _  _  |
> >    -~*~-      _/ )(/_(_|/ )(_)| )/ )  (_||
(/_(/_ |  || )(_|/ ) o
> >     /!\                                _|
            _|
> >    /%;@\
> >   o/@,%\o        N A M E  T H A T  C H R I S
T M A S  C A R O L
> >   /%;`@,\
> >  o/@'%',\o
> >  '^^^M^^^`
> >         1. Approach everyone who is steadfast
-- Adeste Fideles

> >         2. Ecstacy toward the orb -- Joy to
the World

> >         3. Hush, the foretelling spirits
harmonize -- Hark, the Herald Angels Sing

> >         4. Hey, minuscule urban area of
southwest Jerusalem -- Oh, Little Town of
Bethlehem

> >         5. Quiescent nocturnal period --
Silent Night

> >         6. The autocratic troika originating
near the ascent of Apollo -- We Three Kings of
Orient

> >         7. The primary carol -- The First
Noel

> > >       8. Embellish the corridors -- Deck
the Halls!

> >         9. I'm fantasizing concerning a
blanched yuletide -- I'm Dreaming of a White
Christmas

> >         10.I apprehended my maternal parent
osculating with a corpulent
> >            unshaven male in a crimson
disquise -- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

> >         11.During the time bovine caretakers
supervised their charges -- While Shepherds
Watched Their Flocks By Night
> >            after dark
> >
> >         12.Travel to a high place to relate
it -- Go Tell It On The Mountain

> >         13.The thing manifested itself at the
onset of a transparent day -- It Came Upon a
Midnight Clear

> >         14.What offspring abides thus? --
What Child Is This?

> >         15.Removed in a bovine feeding trough
-- Away in A Manger

> >         16.Valentino, the roseate proboscis
wapiti-- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

> >         17.The slight percussionist lad-- The
Little Drummer Boy

> >         18.Father Christmas aproaches the
metropolis -- Santa Claus Is Comig to Town

> >         19.Seraphim we aurally detected in
the stratosphere -- Angels We Have Heard On High

> >         20.Creator, cool it, you kooky cats
-- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

> >         21.Desired gift of dentures -- You've
got me, Walter!

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

> >         22.Icy personage -- Frosty the
Snowman

> >         23.Snowy season's imaginary place --
Winter Wonderland

> >         24.Noel time, less than a fortnight
-- Beats me.

The 12 Days of Christmas

> >         25.European monarch of kind character
-- Good King Wenceslaus (on his feets uneven --
per Pogo)