Re: SHOW: taller than R&I (was Tall ones, for Christy)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SHOW: taller than R&I (was Tall ones, for Christy)
  • From: "Gary D. Sides" <gdsides@ccast.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 20:43:59 -0700 (MST)

Well, I'll tell a little story of what happens when you don't.

Right after I first joined AIS and maybe my second or at latest, third year
of shows,

A local couple who didn't know u couldn't use cow manure in ur iris garden,
had grown a stalk of Victoria Falls that was at least 49" tall and brought
it to the show.   Now mind you this stalk was in perfect condition with
nary a blemish, but one old judge who shall remain nameless, took one look
and said, "That iris hasn't ever grown that tall for me, it is obviously
waaaaaaaaaay overgrown and therefore it can't compete as a blue ribbon
winner!"  A sad day for irisdome!

And it stayed on the table.