OT: Books

     I am afraid that some of you all might have misunderstood me on a
recent comment on books.  I said that my only gripe (very minor) with
Eureka (Gardening Books) is that they do not identify books that were
written in other countries.  Under no circumstances was this intended to be
a "slam" against those books.  As some of you may recall, a week or two
earlier, I had asked about a book about Irises for mild climates.  I was
searching for a book that dealt with Iris culture in the southeastern US.
At this time, no such thing exists, except for a book on Louisiana Irises.
     When I was at the University of Kentucky, I check out (From the
Agriculture Library) THE IRIS by Brian Mathew and IRIS by Fritz Kohlein.  I
found both to be very well written informative books.  I have purchased
Graeme Grosvenor's GROWING IRISES and GROWING DAYLILIES.  Again, these are
excellent books, that I find to be very useful.  I hope that I did not
accidentally offend any of our overseas members.  If I did, I apologize.

     Thinking of the earlier mentioned Louisiana Irises, does anyone in the
US stock any of Taylor's Australian-bred Louisianas?  The pictures of them
look awesome.

Mark A. Cook			Low:    26 F   (-3 C)
billc@atlantic.net     		High:    55 F   (13 C)
Dunnellon, FL.			Now:    46 F  ( 8 C)  Sunny all day, partly cloudy now.