TB: Registered height?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TB: Registered height?
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:10:05 -0700 (MST)

     When in Kentucky, most of my Irises were fairly close to the
registered height.  I considered being within two inches as being close
enough.  There were a few that did always bloom much lower than the
registered height.
     One that especially comes to mind is VICTORIA FALLS.  This one always
bloomed no more than 18 " tall.  Only on one occasion did the stalk have a
branch.  All other Irises in the same bed performed as one would expect.  I
have no idea why this one Iris always bloomed low and sparse.
Needless to say, I do not have this one in Florida.
     If I have survivors, I will compare bloom height with registered
height here.

Mark A. Cook		Low:   32 F  ( 0 C)
billc@atlantic.net	High:   67 F  (19 C)
Dunnellon, FL.		Now:    55 F  (13 C)      Today was sunny, now we have
light rain.