I. Lazica

The World of Iris (Page 292) claims that this iris is sometimes given
specific status (wondering what this means) from I. Unguicluaris.  Well,
my Lazica finally bloomed after two years and my observation, comparing
it to Unguicularis (common form), is that they are very, very similar.
The differences I note is lazica is a very shy bloomer.  The two year
clump I have has but this one stem (actually an elongated perianth
tube).  There may be more to follow, but I can't tell yet.  The other
observation is the size of the flower.  Lazica is much larger than the
common form, possibly twice as large.  I suppose I should have measured,
but it was cold.

In my opinion, I believe that Lazica is an Unguicularis and should only
be considered a collected form of the latter.  Hence I. Unguicularis
"Lazica".

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California