Re: OT-Help!-dogs

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-Help!-dogs
  • From: "janet & shan" <shan@montana.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 22:06:15 -0700 (MST)

	I agree with Steve about boredom, and especially about crating. My dogs (3
right now) are always raised in crates and they consider it HOME, sort of a
safety blanket. When they get tired they go crawl in the box and go to
sleep. It's not a given how a mature dog will react to a new idea. If you
decide to start with a box, leave it open for some time (days) and put his
toys in it and toss a biscuit in there for him to fetch, now and then.
Don't make the crate punishment... make it fun. This is all IMHO, but it
works.
p.s. Pardon the gender specific language, I have 2 boys 1girl.
This ends my Dr. Doolittle routine, but I have dog pictures if any body
wants to see !!                    shan