> At 01:13 PM 97-12-10 -0700, Ellen Gallagher wrote:
> > Ian - Poinsettias are toxic so they should always be kept out of
> > reach.
> Is this statement correct?
> I have always thought it was true but just recently, I heard a
> horticulturist say that Poinsettias are NOT poisonous.
> Can it be that some species are toxic but not the ones we use at
> John Montgomery
I have heard it both ways about Poinsettias. Until they are proven to
be "not toxic", I would assume that they are toxic. It is better to be
safe than sorry. Many plants are safe to touch and smell, but should not
Mark A. Cook firstname.lastname@example.org Dunellon, FL.