Re: OT-Help!

>I need the help of a gardener and a dog expert, I know that there is at
>least one on the list.  One of our dogs has suddenly started to eat the
>plants in the house.  The other night, it eat a fairly large hibiscus,
>three poinsettias, a small ficus, and a number of other plants.  It then
>sicked up the whole lot!  This activity included pulling the pots of the
>window sills, turning over the larger plant pots that stood on the
>floor, etc.  It looked like a war zone in the morning and now all plants
>are on tables, which means that there is no room for people to use the
>tables!
>
>I appreciate that mineral deficiencies can occur, especially in winter,
>and so the dogs receive supplimental vitamin pills as well as their
>food.  The are also fed apple peal or core most days.
>
>Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
>Ian, in Ottawa
Ian: One of our dogs tipped over a very few, - and  all plants are up now.
But we have friends who have to give their dog (a collie) tranquilizers
when they go away. It very well might  be psychological thing with your dog
such as not getting enough attention. I was in the garden of the hybridizer
of WABASH in Indiana many years ago, and her dog would start eating one of
her shrubs each time she would be totally involved in conversation with me;
she would have to stop and chastise him . It happened several times. (Mary
Williamson, as I recall, -was she indeed the hybridizer of WABASH ?)  Good
luck in finding an answer.  Lloyd Zurbrigg in Durham NC