Re: reticula, danfordiae and hermodactylus

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: reticula, danfordiae and hermodactylus
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:31:58 -0700 (MST)

Donald Eaves wrote:

> Now that I've planted the above this fall, can someone tell what to expect.
>  Will these send up foliage when it warms up, then bloom?  Or do they more
> or less send up a bloom stalk at the same time as the foliage?  I keep
> staring at the ground, but nothing has happened yet.  I thought they might
> put out early with the dutch iris, but that hasn't happened.

Donald,

I have been planting reticulatas for the past month.  The earlier ones I
planted have broken the ground with a small nub about a half inch high.
They seem to have stopped above ground growth at this height.  Last year
I remembered my reticulatas sending up bloom and foilage at the same
time with the foilage getting much taller after the bloom was gone.

Hope this helps.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California