REF: Region 5 Newsletter.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: REF: Region 5 Newsletter.
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 20:21:53 -0700 (MST)

     Today, I got a copy of the Fall 1997 issue of "The Southern Iris,"
which is the Region 5 Newsletter.  I appreciate Donald Mosser's taking the
time to copy it and send it to me.  This is a well made, very informative
     I am glad that the "FLAGA" Iris Club of Macclenny, FL, has gotten off
to such a good start.  Hopefully, that is only the beginning of things to
come in Florida.  I know that the Society for Louisiana Irises has several
members scattered throughout Florida, including a couple not too far away.

     There is a significant interest in Irises in this county, but many
think that no Irises will grow here.  Those who think that are transplanted
northerners who had a failed attempt with TB's.  However, there has been
mixed results with these, not total failures as I had earlier reported.
Also, those from the north had not thought of Louisianas, and the various
water Irises.
     Gardening is popular here because the season is basically 12 months.
If Irises ever get popular...

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.      Thinking of that LOVIN' SPOONFUL song "Rain on the
Roof.  (1966?)