Re: OT: Re THORNBIRD HUMOR

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Re THORNBIRD HUMOR
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:23:42 -0700 (MST)

william b. cook wrote:

> Gerry,
>      That "THORNBIRD THE SPACE AGE IRIS" is great.  Did you invent that?

Another member of our club came up withthe idea of iris-izing carols,
and Jeanne Plank did the words for "Thornbird" and others.

Glad you enjoyed.

> know several people who swore they would not have a Space Age Iris, that is
> until they saw one.

I am sure that S-A, or variegated/color break, or lace will probably
always remain "niche" irises, but beautiful niches. Mesmerizer is
still my favorite S-A iris. As it and Thornbird grow in my garden,
Mesmerizer is even more worthy of the Dykes than Thornbird is.

Gerry
--
gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles