Bio & Poinsettias

Please, please stop spreading the old wives tale that poinsettias are
poisonous.

Research conducted at Ohio State University learned that all parts of
the plant are nontoxic.  They found that a 50 pound child would have to
eat more than 600 leaves (stripping 30 to 50 whole plants) to exceed the
highest experimental dosages that researchers tested and still found,
even at those levels, to be nontoxic.  However, if eaten they may cause
stomach irritation. Also, if allergic to the plant's milky latex,
handling them may cause mild skin irritation.

I have been a self-employed florist for the last 19 years and continue
to try to educate people about this favorite of Christmas flowers.   I
have  been an iris list lurker since April.  I took a college class,
(subject Internet) and one of our assignments was to locate and
subscribe to 10 mailing lists.  Then we were to unsubscribe if we so
chose.  I decided to stay with this one and have learned so very much.
I really chuckled when one of you folks were trying to open an iris for
a show.  "Hot breath"  is what we have used in the shop for years.
Anyway, hello and TTFN.

DebF
North-West, Illinois    Very near the Mississippi River.