Re: Bio & Poinsettias

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bio & Poinsettias
  • From: Curt Marble <cmarble@tiac.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 19:46:49 -0700 (MST)

Deb wrote:

>Please, please stop spreading the old wives tale that poinsettias are

>I have been a self-employed florist for the last 19 years and continue
>to try to educate people about this favorite of Christmas flowers.   I
>have  been an iris list lurker since April.  I took a college class,
>(subject Internet) and one of our assignments was to locate and
>subscribe to 10 mailing lists.  Then we were to unsubscribe if we so
>chose.  I decided to stay with this one and have learned so very much.
>I really chuckled when one of you folks were trying to open an iris for
>a show.  "Hot breath"  is what we have used in the shop for years.
>Anyway, hello and TTFN.

Do they call you "Hot breath Deb"?  Glad you decided to stick with us.
Might you enter the design division of your local iris show?  That's my
division.  Iris are so wonderful to arrange.

Poison poinsettias and sneezing from goldenrod...two old wives' tales.

Kathy Marble <cmarble@tiac.net>
Harvard, MA
zone 5