  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Re THORNBIRD HUMOR
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 22:43:28 -0700 (MST)

Gerry Snyder wrote:
> william b. cook wrote:
> >
> > Gerry,
> >      That "THORNBIRD THE SPACE AGE IRIS" is great.  Did you invent that?
> Another member of our club came up withthe idea of iris-izing carols,
> and Jeanne Plank did the words for "Thornbird" and others.

Congratulations to lyricist Jeanne Plank! A much better breed of
doggerel than most. ("Doggerel" not to be taken pejoratively here.) On a
par with Walter's keyboard choreography.

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac, with most of this year's new
plantings sitting snug and well-groomed under pine straw, and waiting
for a break in the weather to finish the rest. Unusually cold and wet
this fall. Oaks have shed their leaves completely, whereas they often
hang around through January.