Re: SPEC Setosa

	Claire P. wrote to Kathy H.:

>There  must be someone around New England or some other cold spot that has
>worked with setosa and can have a meaningful exchange with you.

	There are several people who are working with I. setosa and one is
	Andy Wheeler in Colrain, MASS. He is a college student in Maine
	and has an eMail address that I don't know but we can certainly
	find it.

	Also, Clarence Mahan in Virginia is working with I. setosa and had
	a white setosa '97 intro. thru Draycott. Tomas Tamberg of Berlin,
	Germany does work with interspecies crosses that has included I.
	setosa.

	There are many more....not just in New England altho' we do have
	some fine looking setosas up here and no, I do not do any hybri-
	dizing with I. setosa. Ashamed to say that I am doing some infant
	work with dwarfs both MDBs and SDBs. I will slink off into the corner
	quietly with that admission.....

	Kathy H. wrote:

>Also just read here that I. hookeri is now separate from I. setosa. It
>seemed that there were just enough differences in the two to warrant
>that (speaking as an amateur).

	This is a different kettle of fish and  and Ian or Bill would
	know the whys and wherefores of the classification. I have seen the
	same info in publications.

	Cheers from the cold, snowy Northeast,

	Ellen
Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /   Zone 3a
Siberian iris robin    /  sibrob@ncia.net