Re: SPEC; SIGNA (was Setosa reply)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC; SIGNA (was Setosa reply)
  • From: ECPep <ECPep@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 18:52:11 -0700 (MST)

<< >SIGNA is the species iris group section of the American Iris Society.  You
 >must join the AIS first, then for, I think, four dollars you join SIGNA.
 >SIGNA newsletters are uniformly good for species fanciers.
 Claire, how often do the newsletters come out? I joined SIGNA early this
 year and have never received one. I did receive a small card welcoming me
 to the group, but nothing else so far.
 celi >>

There is a spring and a fall edition of the newletter.  It is printed on ring
binder stock so you can keep it in a three ring binder.  I think I received
the fall issue about a month ago, I'm guessing there.  It seems to come out
late spring and late fall and is about 40 pages.

The seed list comes in December (the best part of this membership).  I myself,
heard from Rick Tasco that he is ordering his seeds this week and I do not
have the list so I will be writing a note, too.  You order by the packet at 50
cents per.

Celia, living up here in the north, north seeds are winter fun for frustrated
gardeners.  We all have lights and benches and high hopes!

Claire Peplowski

Claire Peplowski