Thornbird and Rusty

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Thornbird and Rusty
  • From: "Patricia R. Wenham" <prw@televar.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 19:05:36 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I really enjoyed the Thornbird carol but it sent up some signals to me
that I hope someone can set at ease.  There have been no postings from
Rusty lately and I felt if anything were to elicit mail from him it
would be a mention of his favorite flower.

Incidentally, I am really surprised that so many people were unfamiliar
with the horned or space age iris since they have been around for so
many years.  I have an Iris friend who grew some of the original horned
iris and did some hybridizing with them.  They have been very tenacious
in her garden.  She is in a nursing home and I got the Master Gardeners
in my group to go with me to clean weeds out of her extensive iris beds.
The horned iris were still there.  Her son generously offered me starts
of some of her iris and I will go for some next spring.  I will take
some photos of her crosses and send them if I can ever get a successful
hookup with my scanner.

Happy holidays to all.

Patti