Re: Thornbird and Rusty

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Thornbird and Rusty
  • From: "Joe Spears" <argliris@gte.net>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 19:28:33 -0700 (MST)

Hi, Patti,
Many of today's Space Age iris originated with some of Lloyd Austin's
hybridizing.  We grow HORNED TANGERINE 1960 and FLOUNCED PREMIER 1961 which
are some historic 'space age' cultivars of his.  So, horns, flounces, etc.
have been around for a number of years (as you said).

Rusty is probably just busy Christmas shopping.  I had an email from him
earlier today.  On Friday night's chat he commented how much he enjoyed the
THORNBIRD parody.
Joe Spears
Argyle Acres