Re: OT: Florida Weather.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Florida Weather.
  • From: ECPep <ECPep@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 19:59:38 -0700 (MST)

<<      In the last three Days, well over six inches of rain has fallen in
 Dunnellon, FL.  Although it has not caused any problems here, the corridor
 from Tampa to Orlando is swamped.  A big storm forming off the Atlantic
 Coast is expected to bring rain and high winds later tonight and tomorrow,
 then the weather is expected to become more Florida typical again.
 Meteorologists are blaming it on that dreaded El Nino.
      Including the additional 1" rain last night, the total for December
 stands at 9.22"  On the positive side, this keeps all the aquifers filled.
      I do have some bud stalks on some TB Reblooming Irises.  Now, will the
 succeed, or will they get blown away?...
 Mark A. Cook			Low:    47 F  ( 8 C)
 billc@atlantic.net		High:   57 F   (14 C)
 Dunnellon, FL.			Now:   52 F   (11 C)  Cloudy now.  A little sun earlier. >>

I saw your part of the country on TV last night.   You were the lead story on
the weather channel.  We had the wind today but of course our precip is snow.
Do you have soil?  Does the water go down?

Over in Fort Worth, my sister's part of Florida, she buys soil from  Home
Depot and they deliver it on a pallet.  You cannot grow anything on the sandy
stuff that is original soil.  That is funny to me, buying soil to garden.

Claire Peplowski