Re: Poinsettias

You are absolutely correct and your logoff signature line probably tells
the story best of all:

		"There be dragons here"

There are truly dragons here but the answer lies in my comment to Grif
in my last posting on this subject:

"I don't eat houseplants nor do I recommend houseplants, of any kind,
kiddies and pets."

My initial response was to the broad charge that poinettias are toxic.
In support of that, I can say that, never during 34 years of this kind
of work, did I ever have to conduct, or supervise, a child poisoning
investigation involving a poinsettia.  And God knows that I conducted,
or supervised, thousands involving other items.

In all honesty, I must admit that I have taken complaints involving
nonfatal reactions in small dogs and cats that had injested poinsettia
parts.  Hence, my don't "recommend houseplants, of any kind, for kiddies
and pets."

What is perfectly safe for humans can be deadly for pets.  This is
something all pets owners should be aware of.

But as I also said.  Please let's not perpetuate myths.

Al Limberg
Concord, CA