Re: landscape irises

Walter A. Moores wrote:
>         It seems to me that we already have a 'race' of irises that fit
> the definition of 'landscape irises' provided by the Spoons.  I am talking
> about the Intermediate Bearded.......
  Break the monotony of your all
> TB garden or all beardless garden with a few of these.  You will be well
> rewarded.

True, true, true!  Also, no matter who tells you what......Bearded
irises have awful looking foliage during the summer and fall in contrast
with Siberians and many Louisianas.  If you want to spend all your time
grooming and tending bearded irises, go for it!  If not, forget the
"landscape" craze.  There are plenty of other plants that would work
better.  (like Hostas...  :-))