Cult?: Florida Soil

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Cult?: Florida Soil
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:10:51 -0700 (MST)

Claire,
     In this part of Florida, the soil is a sandy loam.  It appears to be a
reasonable soil for gardening.  I do use Pine Needle mulch to prevent weeds
and to keep the soil from drying out too fast in the event of several warm
windy days.
     Today, we have had another 0.85" rain, but it was soft and soaked in.
So far, we have not had the high winds that had been expected.  In the far
northern part of the state, some snow flakes were mixed with the rain this
morning.  There was not any snow here so far.
     Were is Fort Worth, Florida?  I could not find it on my map.

Mark A. Cook			Low:   39 F    ( 4 C)
billc@atlantic.net		High:  48 F    ( 9 C)
Dunnellon, FL.			Now:   47 F    ( 8 C)