Re: reticula, danfordiae and hermodactylus

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: reticula, danfordiae and hermodactylus
  • From: Mike00Rita <Mike00Rita@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:25:12 -0700 (MST)

Hi Donald

     When the above named bulbous iris come up here I have noticed just a bit
of green first, then the bloom, with the leaves growing long afterwards then
drying off and out of the way about the same time the narcissus do the same.
     Because afterblooming the remaining danfordiae is so small and picky if
moved you will probably have to replant if you want bloom again the next year.
At least that has been my experience in this region- but what lovely little
jewels.

Rita B
Western Wa. 7# growing area ,with a bit of frost this am