Re: SPEC Setosa reply

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC Setosa reply
  • From: Kathy Haggstrom <hagg@alaska.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:58:48 -0700 (MST)

ECPep wrote:
> SIGNA is the species iris group section of the American Iris Society.  You
> must join the AIS first, then for, I think, four dollars you join SIGNA.  The
> SIGNA newsletters are uniformly good for species fanciers.  I would think you
> would benefit from this connection.
Dear Claire,
Thank you for your information. I am now a member of AIS & SIGNA, &
looking forward to their literature.
I was concerned when I first signed on, because many of the contributors
had problems keeping setosa in more southern climes, but there are many
places it seems that suit this iris quite well, & seems to require only
a certain amount of cool temperatures. As I have said before, I
concentrate on this species, because it is the only one which grows
reliably here (but of course am pleased to be able to do so).
What iris do you grow, & how did you start your interest? Are you a
Also, what is your favorite iris - species or named specimen, I don't
care which?
Kathy Haggstrom