Re: Historic Iris ID

I am trying to identify a TB that is growing in my parent's yard. It was
blooming the first week of December.
Height is about 20" in bloom. The blooms are dark purple - solid with some
yellowish veining on the edges on the base of the falls. The beards are
light yellow (a creamy color, nearly white with yellow tips). The overall
shape of the flower is old fashioned, small and reminiscent of the shape of
I. pallida.
I am interested in identifying this iris as it may have originally come out
of my great grandmother's yard. She lived in Northeastern California in
zone 6. The plant is currently in zone 10a, where it just finished

Any ideas?

Melissa Harris

In Vallejo, CA, where it is currently overcast and in the 40s.
USDA zone 9b, Sunset zone 17+
Perfect weather to be home with a cold.