Re: HISTORIC VS. MODERN TB's - lengthy

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HISTORIC VS. MODERN TB's - lengthy
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:18:27 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Henryanner wrote:

> Joe Spears asked:
> << As 1997 draws to a close, which "modern" varieties  do you  think will be
>  FRIEND...>>
> LADY FRIEND tends to bloom out around here. To your list I would certainly add
> VANITY, for one.
> Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
> Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com
	VANITY is an excellent choice, but two fairly recent Dykes from
the Great Northwest will not be in my 2027 historic collection.  I have
two fans of each of these Dykes winners, and have had them since shortly
after they were introduced.  Probably, if I am around in 2027, I will be
looking at irises from a nursing home window!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8