Re: Landscaping Irises

>     The closest thing I could call a "Landscaping Iris" in the since of
>TB's would be POLAR KING.  This is an old (1939) Iris, but it is a reliable
>bloomer and can take some neglect. POLAR KING has reliable spring and fall
>bloom, at least in Kentucky.  It is one of the Irises under trial here.  As
>for the rebloom, in Kentucky, it normally bloomed from early September
>until the temperature dipped below 25 F.

	Thank you Mark. This is the first reference to a TB in this
	landscaping thread that I might try and obtain. Now to locate it..
	where are those '97 catalogs that I just put away?

	Cheers,

	Ellen (good downhill skiing day here - temp. climbed to almost
               40 degrees F. - a miracle :-)  Plenty of snow here....and more
               coming.

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /   Zone 3a
Siberian iris robin    /  sibrob@ncia.net