I. Pseud. lighting Was re: moisture question

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: I. Pseud. lighting Was re: moisture question
  • From: Duane Buell <dbuell@ptialaska.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:31:16 -0700 (MST)

<<<Snipped original moisture question>>>>>

>For what its worth, my Pseudacorus are grown in soil in a bed along with
>bearded and lilies.  They grow, thrive and bloom each year and do just
>fine.  If anything the plants might be somewhat shorter.
>
>If your seedlings look healthy and are growing well I would not
>introduce more water at this time.  And please raise the light fixtures!
>
>Rick Tasco
>Superstition Iris Gardens
>Central California
>Zone 8

What do you recommend for the lighting distance? I'm using a four tube
flourescent fixture and cool-white bulbs. My experience with gro-lux and
similar high cost bulbs in the past has been pretty ho-hum considering their
cost. Maybe their efficiency has changed in the past 6 or 8 years :-).

Thanks,
Duane
  OUTDOOR HEADQUARTERS - Making the Outdoors Affordable
    Hiking - Camping - Fishing - Hunting - Reloading
        PawnShop - Sport Cards - Phone Cards
  907-789-9785 Fax 907-789-1051 (1-800-478-0770 AK only)
        9131 Glacier Hwy #2, Juneau AK 99801