Re: OT?: African Iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT?: African Iris
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 20:05:39 -0700 (MST)

> I have a friend who has this iris potted in a sun room.  It has never
> How many hours of daylight are your plants receiving, Mark?
> Claire Peplowski

     There is about ten hours of light here at this date.  That Iris is
getting at least six hours of direct sun each day.
     I think that others have tried to get this species to bloom indoors.
So far, I have yet to hear of a success at that.
     One thing to consider is the sun angle.  The noon day sun here (29
Degrees North) is about the same as the noon day sun you had on October 24
at your 43 Degrees North location.  Thus, the light intensity is much
higher here.  This species needs high light intensities.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.