Re: OT: was Rick Tasco's lighting comment

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: was Rick Tasco's lighting comment
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 23:42:27 -0700 (MST)

Donald Mosser wrote:

> What kind of light stands do you use.  I would like to set up an indoor
> light shelf system, but all of the stands I have seen in catalogs are a
> little pricey in the hundreds of dollars range (and they really aren't very
> attractive).  I just want a place to start iris seeds and grow some African
> Violets.  Any suggestions or anyone know where I could get some good plans
> to build my own shelf?  I have been thinking of something made with thick
> PVC pipe, but no way is my wife going to let me put PVC in the dining room
> next to her china cabinet. :)

Right now I have a large bench in the pantry, about 11 feet long and 4
feet wide with a shelf built up on the back of the four feet.  This
allows me to have 4 48"  shop lights.  Two are hung from the ceiling to
cover the top of the shelf and two underneath to cover the bottom.

I'm sure you could come up with something creative for your dining room.
PVC sounds like a good idea and you could cover it with some sort of
cloth which should make your wife happy.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8