Re: OT?: African Iris

william b. cook wrote:

> > I have a friend who has this iris potted in a sun room.  It has never
> bloomed.
> > How many hours of daylight are your plants receiving, Mark?
> >
> > Claire Peplowski
>
> Claire,
>      There is about ten hours of light here at this date.  That Iris is
> getting at least six hours of direct sun each day.

My two are very young plants, but after listening to all this, I guess
they'll never bloom unless I keep running them from one sunny window to
the next all day.  I only get a few hours of direct sunlight at a time
on each side of the front of the house.  that's when we have sun.  It
did spend the summer outdoors and will next summer as well, but that's a
long way off.
Rima  terra@catskill.net
upstate ny  zone 4