Re: OT?: African Iris

	Rima wrote re sunny conditions:

>My two are very young plants, but after listening to all this, I guess
>they'll never bloom unless I keep running them from one sunny window to
>the next all day.  I only get a few hours of direct sunlight at a time
>on each side of the front of the house.  that's when we have sun.  It
>did spend the summer outdoors and will next summer as well, but that's a
>long way off.

	I move my plants all around the house trying to get sun. :-(
	It is no easy task when cloudy days make up the majority of the
	days. There are 3 amaryliss are in one south facing window that were
	moved around 10 am from a northeast (I think) window....they will
	be moved again to sit on an windowless table for the night since
	the windows are much too cold at night. I am just waiting to drop
	one of these large pots when I rush around trying not to step on
	a running dog....doesn't everybody live like this? :-)

	Cheers,

	Ellen

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /   Zone 3a
Siberian iris robin    /  sibrob@ncia.net