SIB - True landscape Iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SIB - True landscape Iris
  • From: RMTURLEY <RMTURLEY@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 18:29:29 -0700 (MST)

Dear Walter,

Have you ever noticed the foliage of our beloved Louisianas in the summer?

If a Iris has the body of I. pseudacorus and head of a John Taylor Louisiana,
then we would have an Iris Superium!!!  (<:)

Robert Turley
Lake Charles, LA
zone 9a

<<Have we ever settled on the 'true' definition of a landscape iris?
Sorry to burst the bubble of the Ensata Gardens, but the Siberian iris is
not 'the landscape iris' in the South.  Apologies to my fellow Southern
extension horticulturist, Mr. Turley, as well.  Seems to me it would be
heresy in Louisiana to favor the Siberian over the series hexagona!>>