Re: SPEC-setosa/hookeri

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC-setosa/hookeri
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 19:37:53 -0700 (MST)

Bill Shear wrote:
> I'm not really sure what a "hookeri type" would be since the differences
> between the two species seem to be really cryptic--have to refer to the new
> British species book.
> Bill Shear
> Department of Biology
> Hampden-Sydney College
> Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
> (804)223-6172
> FAX (804)223-6374
> email<bills@hsc.edu>

Bill -- What's happening here? When I first saw your message, it was all
in Greek characters. My first reaction was that it was Shear nonsense --
all Greek to me. Then I saw that it was simply Greek transliteration.  I
waited until I had finished reading all other incoming messages before
responding. Now, however, I can't find the Greek type version -- only
the above English version. Do you have some kind of electronic alchemy
going on here?