Re: OT: Impatiens

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997 17:33:13 -0700 (MST) "william b. cook"
<billc@atlantic.net> writes:
>     Do many of you all grow Impatiens?  I am not thinking of the New
>Guinea Strain or the modern "Elfin" or "Imp"  (should be "Wimp")
>I am thinking of the old-fashioned Sultanas.  The ones that are found
>old gardens in the south:  The ones that are often two feet tall.
>     For several years, I had wondered if these grand old plants still
>existed.  The last time I had seen those was about 1975.  This year, I

I don't grow these, but my mother does.  She hasn't purchased any new
plants or seeds in years( at least eight) because they self-sow so
profusely.  A very nice property, since the 75 and 78 year old gardeners
at that house really should start cutting back on their "hard labor,"
like digging, tilling, etc.

Mom also has some petunias (variety unknown) that have done the same
thing for about three years.

Lynn Woosley
Marietta, GA
USDA Zone 8