Re: CULT: iris indoors in pots

>Lloyd Zurbrigg wrote that he keeps bearded iris (blooming?) all (most of
>the?) winter indoors in pots (sorry, I didn't save the original post).
>Lloyd - what kind of lighting, temperature, watering, fertilizing, size
>pots do you give them?
>Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
>wishing I had an indoor iris bloom

dear Linda:  I am no model to follow. I just pot up seedlings that are
sending up a late fall stalk, pot them, disturbing as little as possible,
then put them under fluorescent lights in the "playhouse". I keep the
temperature cool, about 60 F. Water sparingly.  This year, I only potted
the one planbt, but it has been worth looking at, a plicata in
brownish-purple (is that puce?) and white. Two years ago I had about
thirty. Lloyd Zurbrigg in Durham NC