OT: Impatiens

     I am glad to see that there are still others who like the large,
old-fashioned Impatiens.  These types are more durable than the newer
types.  The older types are more visible when used in larger gardens or in
with other flowers.
     After many failed attempts to find this plant in Kentucky, I had
reached the sad conclusion that the strain had been lost.  Was I ever glad
to see it alive and well in Florida, in some cases growing wild.  I have a
perfect spot into which these plants can be used.
      I am playing e-mail catch up now.  Last night, a thunderstorm came in
during my normal e-mail time.  We got one inch of rain from it.  Yesterday
was a lot like a summer day.  The low was 65 F (18 C) and the high was 85 F
(29 C).  Now, it is foggy and 70 F (21 C).

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.