Re: Nematodes/Marathon

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Nematodes/Marathon
  • From: Henryanner <Henryanner@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:58:15 -0700 (MST)

<<  Marathon is fairly  new (at least to me), and I don't know how dangerous
it is. It is a  systemic poison. >>

I did some research last Spring for a pests and problems talk I had to give my
local chapter and in the course of this I investigated a chemical that has
been getting a lot of attention called Merit. I was informed by the
E.L.Geigher Agricultural Chemical Company that this chemical, which is a less
concentrated form of the chemical marketed as Marathon, is labeled only for
interiorscape and turf uses at this time. Marathon is lableled only for turf
application at this time. Neither is labeled for exterior use on ornamental
plants. Neither is a restricted chemical. Marathon is also very, very
expensive. Any or all of this information may have changed since May, 1997,
but it would be a wise course to confirm current legal uses of these chemicals
before proceeding with purchase and application.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, Va.
Henry Hall, henryanner@aol.com