Re: Bio / Lighting

Pete wrote:

>I should stop lurking and introduce myself.  My name is Pete McGrath and =
>I live in Albuquerque New Mexico.  I have been reading the postings =
>since Thanksgiving.
>I wanted to jump in a few times but felt it wrong without at least =
>introducing myself.

Hi, Pete!  It's nice to see you here!  I have heard of the metal halide
lights, but at that price I've never actually met one in person.  I'm lucky
to have lots of windows on the south side, so I can grow all kinds of
seedlings in the winter (right now I have several small bell pepper plants
with ping-pong-size peppers growing), but with the weather as cloudy as it's
being this year, I may start wishing I had some artificial lighting.  You
may not have been aware of the Saga of the Versicolor Seedlings if you
signed on at Thanksgiving; I have several of them now making increases in
small pots in the clerestory, and they may crowd everything else out by
spring.  Maybe it's just as well I don't have lights.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Barb in Santa Fe