Re: Re: Bio

>Hello Iris Friends,
>
>        I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Randy Penn.  I live in
>Englewood, Colorado a suburb of Denver at an altitude of 5280 feet.
>
>        My Iris favorites are: tall bearded, border bearded, intermediate
>bearded &
>spurias.  I also dabble with minature bearded, standard bearded & japanese
>iris.
>I have a large assortment of iris on 3 city lots.
>
>        My hybradizing efforts are on a direct course of a need for 1 or
>more city
>lots. I have not introduced any iris but that could come in the near future.
>I am fascinated with horned iris and plicatas.
>
>        I am a member of the AIS, Region 20 Iris Society, the Elmohr Iris
>Society and
>the new High Country Iris Society of which I am the president.  Region 20 is
>eagerly awaiting the national convention in June.  I hope you can come and
>visit all the convention beds as well as any additional beds available in the
>Region.
>
>        I am seeking any information on Japanese Iris and their needs.  My
>garden
>also accepts any Hybradizers seedling for testing and reporting at a mile
>high.
>
>        I am eager to learn, interact and share knowledge with those on Iris-L.
>
>Thank You So Much,
>
>Randy Penn
Welcome, Randy. I hope to get to Denver next spring. I am interested in the
Space-Age irises, and have been working with them for 25 years. Monty Byers
gave this type of iris a big lift upwards. Alas, some of his are not
suitable for the East, but those that are , are great. He built his
breeding on SKY HOOKS, which never was a good performer for me. So most of
my things are outcrosses to Monty's , which is an advantage. He and I both
sought rebloom also, but so far a good reblooming Space-Ager of the East
has not appeared. Surely soon. Lloyd Zurbrigg in Durham NC