Iris Christmas

Couldn't wait to sit down at my computer and tell you all that I'm now the
proud owner of Shull's RAINBOW FRAGMENTS, complete with all color plates
before the title page, AND of the AIS reprint of the Cornell Bulletin 112
(June 1925).  Ma gave 'em to me for Christmas; she's going to make me into
an irisarian in every way -- believing as she does that historic rhizomes
aren't enough -- book larnin' is essential.  Anyhow, I'm a happy puppy, and
can't wait to delve into my new treasures.  Hope you've all had a lovely
Christmas Eve and Day.  Ma and I are taking off now to see the national
Christmas tree at the White House.  She's just finished tying on her walking
shoes and is raring to go -- not bad for 85, huh?!  Must have been all those
years of cultivating iris.
Merrily, here on the Hill in your nation's capital.