Welcome New Members, and the Archives

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Welcome New Members, and the Archives
  • From: Henryanner <Henryanner@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 10:20:04 -0700 (MST)

It seems to me that we are fortunate to have had quite a few new members join
our motley ranks in the past few weeks and I would like to welcome them and
make my traditional enthusiastic pitch for that truly wonderful resource that
we have at hand: The Archives of the Iris-L.

The Iris-l is a couple of years old and it has been a very lively venue for
the discussion of all sorts of iris topics. We have been fortunate to have
generous experts of all varieties among us to help those of us who are less
knowledgeable, but, I hasten to add, no less devoted to the subject. The
records of these questions, answers, and discussions are found in the
Archives, which can be searched by topic/keyword. At this slower time on the
list it might be a lot of fun to pop up and browse around a bit to see what
sorts of information you can ferret out. I refresh my memory there often, and
frequently find something interesting I missed the fist time. You can find
this wealth of information at:

I know I speak for all when I say we welcome you to this discussion group and
we invite you to post your own iris questions, and share your own expertise.
This is an ever growing and diverse group and eveyone has something to

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA   USDA Zone 7-urban
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com