Re: Welcome New Members, and the Archives

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Welcome New Members, and the Archives
  • From: Duane Buell <dbuell@ptialaska.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 12:20:00 -0700 (MST)

I try to avoid "me too" comments on mailing lists, but I sure do
second Anners' comments about the archives. The only problem I've
found with them is my tendency to go in with a question and become
distracted by extraneous threads of information that can rapidly
eat up an afternoon or evening.

Duane

At 10:20 AM 12/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>It seems to me that we are fortunate to have had quite a few new members join
>our motley ranks in the past few weeks and I would like to welcome them and
>make my traditional enthusiastic pitch for that truly wonderful resource that
>we have at hand: The Archives of the Iris-L.
>
>The Iris-l is a couple of years old and it has been a very lively venue for
>the discussion of all sorts of iris topics. We have been fortunate to have
>generous experts of all varieties among us to help those of us who are less
>knowledgeable, but, I hasten to add, no less devoted to the subject. The
>records of these questions, answers, and discussions are found in the
>Archives, which can be searched by topic/keyword. At this slower time on the
>list it might be a lot of fun to pop up and browse around a bit to see what
>sorts of information you can ferret out. I refresh my memory there often, and
>frequently find something interesting I missed the fist time. You can find
>this wealth of information at:
>
>http://www.mallorn.com/lists/iris-l/
>
>I know I speak for all when I say we welcome you to this discussion group and
>we invite you to post your own iris questions, and share your own expertise.
>This is an ever growing and diverse group and eveyone has something to
>contribute.
>
>Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA   USDA Zone 7-urban
>Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com

Duane Buell "dbuell@ptialaska.net"
http://www.outdoorhq.com/garden/garden.htm
Juneau, Alaska